This week we chat to Nate Hamon, who is an epic Personal Trainer (been doing it for 17 years) as well as the founder of Fitness Training Academy. Carla is currently studying for her Certificate 3 and 4 in fitness with Nate which is a lotta fun (which means we’ll be sharing some fun workouts here on the bloggity blog soon!).
It’s an hour full of good convo we know you’re gonna love!
This is the stuff we talk about:
- Body image from the male perspective (listen to THIS episode if you want our personal stories).
- Why people fail at their fitness goals and how NOT to do this.
- Other ways to motivate you to exercise besides always trying to hit PBs.
- Comparison and how it sucks. WE talked in more detail about this topic in THIS episode.
- Actual beauty, the inside stuff is what really matters.
- Join Nate’s Facebook group HERE.
Merrymaker mantra of the week: Don’t train to get a better body. Train to be a better body.
We talked a lot about exercise since Nate is a PT and we love love LOVE this mantra! It was so interesting to hear Nate talk about body image issues from a male perspective and also from a trainers perspective.
Like how he would train one person and they would look at someone else in the gym and make a comment like…
“Ohhh…. she has lovely legs. I’d love legs like that”
Then Nate would go and train lovely leg lady and she would say…
“I really need to work my legs more, I hate them!”
Take a listen to the episode and share with anyone you know who needs to hear more on this topic.
Emma + Carla