IT’S PALEO CHEESE WEEK here at Merrymaker HQ! Yes, an entire week dedicated to delicious paleo cheese (the nut free kind!). We know there are HEAPS of paleo cheese recipes out there made from cashews, nuts, seeds and what not but we wanted something else… after all, we really have enough nuts in our life.
We went in search of a nut free paleo cheese… and yet again our mate Aussie Paleo Chef came to us with the GOODS (last time he gifted us with his paleo choc salted caramel slice!). He literally did. He came over and made us cheese burgers with this life changing paleo cheese. We were sold as soon as we witnessed the paleo cheese melting and dripping off the burgers. How could this be?! We had to have the recipe and give it a little merrymake-over! So we did… and here it is!
We are telling you that this paleo cheese WILL change your life. Our recommendations? Grate it for cheese on toast, slice it for your burgers, yes! Cheese burgers! Serve with paleo crackers and melt it on top of paleo spaghetti bolognese! Yahoo! PALEO CHEESE! WE LOVE YOU!
Emma + Carla
p.s hey! Don’t forget to share your merrymaker moments with #themerrymakersisters and just for this week: #MMcheeseweek – we LOVE to share our faves with the world!
p.p.s the original recipe uses tapioca flour, we swapped this for coconut flour to avoid starch. BUT using tapioca gives the cheese a more glossy, melted look! So take your pick!
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 tbs. coconut flour (or tapioca flour for a smoother cheese)
- 2 tbs. gelatin powder (we use great lakes)
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- Pinch of salt
- In a small bowl, add all of the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan on med-high heat, bring the coconut milk to the boil.
- Add the vinegar to the coconut milk and whisk for 1 minute.
- Turn down the heat to medium-low.
- Add the dry ingredients to the saucepan and continue to whisk until smooth for a further minute.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and continue to whisk for another 1 minute.
- Pour the cheese in to silicon molds and place in to the fridge for at least 2 hours to set before turning out.
- Store the paleo cheese in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Add fresh chives to your cheese for extra DELISHNESS!