The weekend of 19-20 April was a busy one for us! We attended the Australian Health + Fitness expo where we provided our friends FitUsIn with merrymaker bites to give out to fitness enthusiasts walking by.
The week prior to the expo was spent making hundreds of bites, packaging them up and organising our super cute tees. We even made our very own labels, this is what it said:
a merrymaker bite: all this walking wearing you down? Eat me now for an instant energy hit. I’m full of raw super-dooper food goodness: coconut + dates + ‘loving earth’ raw cacao powder +‘banaban’ coconut oil + a pinch of cinnamon + dash of vanilla. *no added sugar or nasties.
We had some amazing feedback about our bites:
“love the fact they contain no sugar and no preservatives”
“they taste just like a lamington…delicious!”
“they are super energising!”
Well we trialled and tested them too (of course) and thought they were great: simple and delish! Check out the mountain of them!
A HUGE thank you goes out to Loving Earth for supplying the raw cacao powder and to Banaban for the coconut oil for our merrymaker bites, we wouldn’t have been able to do it without you! We love how much Loving Earth and Banaban value the quality of their products (it is so obvious in the taste!) So thank you again, the merrymaker bites were a hit!
Not only did we have fun at the FitUsIn stall but we met some amazing people and trialled some fantastic new products that have hit the market!
Some of our must trys are:
a range full of superfood powdered products (perfect for smoothies!) Plus the team at Optimum Life were SO friendly and passionate about their new range. More on these guys to come soon!
Acai (ah-sigh-eee) berry products! We bought a whole box of their bars and have been enjoying the natural energy hit.
a super food supplement packed with antioxidants…one sip of this and you’re ready to go and go and go!
a complete natural cake cookie thing. They were really really delicious (we went back three times to ‘test’ them!)
PLUS! We bought a vitamix each from Raw Blend – but that deserves a blog post on its own (we are a tad excited about these amazing appliances!)
Thanks again to Loving Earth and Banaban! We can’t wait for June where will be showcasing some of our merrymaker treats at the Choc-Lush Winter Chocolate Festival in Canberra–we have been asked to create a healthy range of chocolatey goodness! More information coming soon!
And now because our merrymaker superfood bite has been trialled and perfected, here’s the recipe just for you!
e + c
- 250 grams pitted dates (soaked in boiling water for at least 10 minutes)
- 3 cups of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tbs. raw cacao powder
- 2 tbs. cinnamon
- 3 tbs. melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Drain the soaked dates.
- In a food processor whiz the dates until a thick smooth paste forms.
- Add the coconut oil and vanilla extract and whiz again.
- In a bowl, combine the coconut, raw cacao powder and cinnamon.
- Transfer the date mix into the dry ingredients and mix well (you may need to use your hands).
- In a lined square cake tin press the mixture firmly into the tin. Making sure it is even and condensed.
- Refrigerate for about 10 minutes (the longer you refrigerate the easier it is to cut).
- Carefully lift out of the tin and cut into desired size.
- Perfect for the weeks morning/afternoon snacks!
- Add half a cup of your favourite chopped nut! Just like we did in the 'bar' photo above! Yummo!