This Get Merry podcast episode is about the power of your mind and the infinite potential you have right NOW. The power that we give away to our egos, to the obsession with external validation, obsession with losing weight, obsessions with earning more money, promotions, achieving and forever comparing your life to someone else’s.
Did you know that by the time we are about 35 years old 95% of our decisions and actions come from unconscious thoughts? They are fully programmed.
If you wish to introduce a new habit you have 5% of your brain to create your conscious thoughts, the NEW thoughts that create the NEW actions. It’s kind of like we are swimming upstream when we want to make a change.
But once we are aware of this… we can better understand and accept ourselves when we might struggle or ‘fail’. Especially when attempting to change a habit, like talking about JOY instead of problems or maybe a new exercise habit.
“When you become the master of your mind, you are master of everything.” Swami Satchidananda
Do you feel like you’re in control of your mind? When you are angry or frustrated do you let the emotion take over… do you stew on things for hours? (maybe days!?).
This podcast episode is about your limiting beliefs. It’s about your ego holding you back. It’s about the power you’re withholding from yourself by yourSELF.
Stuff we talked about…
- You can not control anything external to you. You can only control how you respond to the situations.
- We can not create a NEW future while we live in our past.
- You are the observer of your thoughts and emotions.
- Manifestation, what is it, how do we do it?
- Meditation and slowing down.
- What the feeling of gratitude can create.
- The importance of consistency.
- You can change how you think and this will change EVERYTHING.
Emma + Carla