What we’re all experiencing right now (global pandemic) is a challenge, but you know what? It’s also a time to seek out opportunities.
Within these last four weeks, amongst the business and job loss we’ve also observed and experienced personal and business growth.
It’s been amazing to see people start new things, to move their offline business to online. It’s truly inspiring to see people embracing the online world during such hardship.
During this episode, we’re talking online biz stuff.
If you’re thinking about starting or moving to online business, tune in to this episode. We share advice, big lessons, and personal experiences to get you excited about your new venture.
Stuff we talk about…
- How do you even start when it feels like everyone else is already doing it? Key thing to remember is that there’s no one like you. There’s no business just like yours.
- Are you willing to get up, always try again and try your best, and not let the hard times get you down? Persistence is the magic word.
- It’s how we respond to the challenges that really matter.
- When you start a business, know that it does become a part of you… so be ready to compromise.
- When it comes to video and going live on social media, implementing the one-take rule can help you remove friction and make things happen faster.
- Getting stuck on perfection will take up a lot of your time.
- Google is your best friend when it comes to online business stuff (seriously).
- Law of reciprocity. If you want to learn from someone, how can you give before you ask?
- Outsourcing. There’ll be stuff in your business that you won’t enjoy doing.
- Let go of the false idea that you can do better than everyone else. Maybe you can, but maybe you can’t and it’s time to ask for help. Perhaps it’s time to work with a small business coach (Angela is one of our friends and has had so much success with her clients!).
Remember that life is a one-time thing. So, give yourself a chance. Take the opportunity. Put yourself out there. Fear will still come, but what’s important is the way you move through it.
Please let us know what it is you’re going to begin or what you have begun. If you have any more business-related questions, let us know. We are so excited about what you’re going to create!
If you loved this episode please rate and review our podcast, and share it with someone you love.
Emma + Carla
P.s if you ever need help or guidance please contact Lifeline or Beyond Blue. Asking for help is pure courage.
Pp.s Find all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE!
Photo by Arnel Hasanovic on Unsplash