This Get Merry Podcast episode is the second of our series on Yoga Philosophy, where we delve deeper into the mind because it is really the root of all our sufferings.
Tune in and hear us chat about the 5 levels of the mind as described by the yoga teacher Swami J.
Stuff we talk about…
- The 5 levels of the mind: disturbed, dull, distracted, one-pointed focus, Samadhi
- How your disturbed mind keeps you from doing anything else because of the spinning thought patterns in your head.
- How being in the state of dullness (Tamasic) is similar to a candle that’s not lit.
- When you’re in a distracted state (Raja), you feel super motivated and energized, and then get pretty tired.
- How the practice of concentration allows you to be in a one-pointed state (Pratyahara).
- How finding a really purposeful work can move you to the state of bliss (Samadhi).
- How knowing these 5 levels of the mind and being aware of which level you are in can help reduce suffering.
As soon as you realise that you are not your thoughts, you can be who you want to be.
If you loved this episode and want to learn how to master your mind, you’ll probably love our FREE Masterclass called Manage Your Stress with Yoga, Pilates and Breathwork happening on the 21st of July 11AM EST. You can sign up HERE.
Please rate and review our podcast and share it with someone you love. Thank you for tuning in and being here!
Emma + Carla
P.s If you ever need help or guidance please contact Lifeline or Beyond Blue. Asking for help is pure courage.
Pp.s Find all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE!
Photo by Max Ostrozhinskiy on Unsplash