Lately, we’ve been having many conversations about expectations. Expectations on ourselves and the expectations, we feel from others. We know they’re all made up in our heads but they really do make a huge impact on our lives. And can create A LOT of unnecessary stress.
Stuff we talk about…
- How we create high expectations of ourselves and attach to the idea that we’re not good enough until we reach these expectations.
- It’s okay to expect but also accept because no human is perfect.
- Not being afraid to have a difficult conversation because you hate conflict.
- Household chores, random? Tune in, it will make sense!
- How it’s important to check in with your goals and be mindful of the positive and negative impacts. Example, your job promotion might mean more money BUT it might mean more stress and less time for stuff you love.
- It’s easier to judge and label others, it’s more difficult to take action with love.
Remember that right here, right now, you are amazing just as you are. Hold this in your heart and go on with your life.
Yes, grow and achieve, but also remember… before you were amazing! Now you’re amazing and once you achieve your desired goals you are amazing.
If expectations cause you stress, sign up on our FREE Masterclass called Manage Your Stress with Yoga, Pilates and Breathwork happening on the 21st of July 11AM EST. You can sign up HERE.
Please rate and review our podcast and share it with someone you love. Thank you for tuning in and being here!
Emma + Carla
P.s If you ever need help or guidance please contact Lifeline or Beyond Blue. Asking for help is pure courage.
Pp.s Find all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE!