We’re so excited about this Get Merry Podcast episode. We chat with the amazing Amber Hawken about the importance of breathing and how it allows you to feel more joy and be more present. We also chat self-improvement and how it can get in the way of experiencing joy in our lives.
Stuff we talked about…
- It all starts with the breath.
- The breath happens automatically but you can also control it to benefit your health.
- When you don’t breathe deeply, it decreases oxygen to your brain.
- How to increase your tolerance for joy.
- When you get so obsessed with self-improvement you can at times unintentionally strengthen your shame.
- Step back, give yourself permission to relax and feel joy.
- Daily habits that help you feel full and alive.
If you loved hearing from Amber Hawken, find out more info about her and everything she does at www.amberhawken.com or Instagram account @amber_hawken.
Also, let us know if you loved this episode by sending us an email at [email protected] or [email protected] or on our Facebook and Instagram account @themerrymakersisters.
Join us at MerryBody Online Studio, you can start today for 7 days FREE! Sign up HERE: themerrymakersisters.com/merrybody/
Check out all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE!
Emma + Carla
P.s if you ever need further help or guidance please contact Lifeline or Beyond Blue. Asking for help is pure courage.
Photo by Dawid Zawiła on Unsplash