In this episode, we chat diet culture and how it really does suck. We delve deeper into our diet stories. We reflect on the ‘normal’ things we used to do like not drink enough water before a weigh-in, over-exercising, under-eating, binging/purging and priding ourselves on how skinny we had got.
After all the work we’ve done… speaking about these stories in more depth actually frightened us a little. Trigger warning for anyone who is dealing with disorderly eating and negative body image stuff.
Stuff we talked about…
- The problem is not what your body looks like, but the fact that you decided that what you look like is the most important thing about you.
- How society puts so much emphasis on our bodies.
- Everything we see tells us to judge someone else’s bodies and therefore our own bodies. Think, magazine covers!
- Focusing on your body keeps your ideas and creativity small.
- Your body is your home. Instead of thinking of your body as you, think of it as your home for the soul.
- There is no one body that is the ideal body. It’s time to reject body ideals.
Walk away from the mirror, check in on yourself and celebrate life. We hope this episode inspired you to think about how you see yourself. We hope you’re now more inspired than ever to accept yourself exactly as you.
Let us know if you loved this episode by sending us an email at [email protected] or [email protected] or on our Facebook and Instagram account @themerrymakersisters.
Join us at MerryBody Online Studio, you can start today for 7 days FREE! Sign up HERE: themerrymakersisters.com/merrybody/
Check out all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE!
Emma + Carla
P.s if you ever need further help or guidance please contact Lifeline or Beyond Blue. Asking for help is pure courage.
Photo by Dawid Zawiła on Unsplash