In this episode, we chat about goals and (possibly) the reason why you’re not achieving your goals.
We’ve been reading the book, The One Thing by Gary W. Keller and Jay Papasan. And we’re loving it, it’s kinda blowing our minds.
Stuff we talked about…
- The Pareto Principle states that 20% of your work scientifically equates to 80% of your results.
- Ask yourself before you get started on anything: “what’s the one thing I can do such that by doing it, everything else will be easier or unnecessary?”
- What was the biggest lie that you were told? “It’s not that simple.” – Vinny Pazienza. From the movie, Bleed for this.
- You might not reach the result that you want but it takes you an alternate way that might be even better.
- The reason why you’re not achieving your goals is that you’re not working toward your goals. You’re not working on the ‘right one thing’.
- If you don’t know what to focus on, your one thing is to find your one thing.
- Multi-tasking sucks!
- Domino effect means starting with one small thing and knocking over the next big thing.
Let go of the idea that things have to be over complicated or that they have to be difficult, audacious tasks… because this stops us from taking action. When you simplify even the idea of what you’re about to do, it releases self-doubt. It gives you the idea that “hey I can do it because it is simple!”
Join our 5-day MerryBody Challenge and get direct access to 10 minute Yoga and Pilates classes. Sign up at themerrymakersisters.com/5days
Emma + Carla