As we celebrate our 300th episode, we go back to where it all began and reflect on why beginning something new is so hard (or maybe it really is all very simple!).
When we decided to record our very first podcast episode, there was a thought that we were too late and that there were too many, should we even bother? We had the same thought process when we started our blog.
It can be really overwhelming to begin something new. We had to push these thoughts aside and not be afraid to be a beginner.
Stuff we talked about…
- People are afraid of being a beginner because they don’t want to look foolish. They fear failure. They compare themselves to experts.
- If you’re pretending to be an expert, the inauthenticity screams through. Start with your truth.
- Addiction to be perfect and the feeling of not being good enough make you not begin.
- If you figure out what you want to do, if you follow your bliss, if you do what lights you up, and create a goal.. Boom! Maybe you just will have the ride of your life.
- The hero and the coward both feel the fear of beginning. The difference is what they do after the fear.
- Meditation is a great tool to help you get past the fear of beginning. It’s all about mindset.
Instead of thinking about what’s the worst, think about the best, actually think about both. Don’t let the fear stop you. Jump into the beginning with excitement.
The beginning is full of surprises. We look back on our beginning with great fondness.
You don’t have to know everything. You’ll figure it out as you go. And, Google is your friend!
If you have any A-HA moments, questions, comments or feedback about this episode, send us an email at [email protected] or [email protected] or message us on our Facebook and Instagram accounts @themerrymakersisters.
Join our 5-day MerryBody Challenge and get direct access to 10 minute Yoga and Pilates classes. Sign up at themerrymakersisters.com/5days
Emma + Carla