If you’ve been listening to the Get Merry Podcast for the last two hundred episodes, you know we enjoy talking about money. It’s a very important subject as this impacts every part of our lives. Today, we’re talking about how to spend your money.
This subject was inspired from a podcast with Tim Ferris and Ramit Sethi, it got us thinking about our ‘rich lives’. That is, figuring out where to spend your money in order to create the most joy.
Stuff we talked about…
- Removing the taboo around money especially for women. We should have great knowledge of money even if we’re not technically earning it.
- Don’t feel bad about spending money on things that bring you joy. Allow yourself to feel joy.
- Sometimes it’s just nice to go out of your way to be generous. Our friend Dr. Lea Freeman paid for our dinner the other night just because… and we’re like that’s Lea living her rich life. (Listen to our podcast episode with her 217: Let’s Talk About Boobs with Dr Lea Freeman)
- Have your own money rules because then it makes your decisions on how to spend money easier.
- When you have great knowledge of money, you feel empowered about your decisions, you feel stronger and more confident, and you can plan better for your future.
- Think of an amount that you can spend on yourself right now. Spend it on something that you really want and love with no guilt… oh and on you, not your kids, pets or your partner.
This topic is an interesting topic to delve into further. If it has brought up anything for you, maybe you should dig a little deeper, reflect and see how you can become more confident and empowered around your spending and saving habits.
If you have any A-HA moments, questions, comments or feedback about this episode, send us an email at [email protected]themerrymakersisters.com or [email protected] or message us on our Facebook and Instagram accounts @themerrymakersisters.
Join our 5-day MerryBody Challenge and get direct access to 10 minute Yoga and Pilates classes. Sign up at themerrymakersisters.com/5days
Emma + Carla