In this episode, we give you actionable practices to help you through stressful situations. Speaking of stressful situations, yesterday, Carla got swooped by a full-grown crow that was about 70cm tall (actually more like 45 cm, she exaggerates) while she was walking Chino. Not once, but four times! When she got back to the apartment, it took her about five minutes to finally calm herself down.
Stuff we talked about…
- Sometimes in a stressful situation, it is your mind taking you for a ride. It doesn’t know the difference between what you’re thinking and what is actually happening. We chat about Emma’s nerve-wracking Barre teaching experience.
- When you think of all the situations that might happen, the mind believes that they’re happening right here right now, and the response is stress… sweaty palms, sweaty everywhere, overwhelm, shortness of breath and raised heart rate. This is a reminder that our thoughts are very powerful when it comes to stress.
- Bring awareness to the breath. Breathe in and out through the nose, and really focus on expanding your rib cage.
- In Yoga, Asana is making your cup. Pranayama is filling your cup up. And, meditation practice is taking a sip from your cup.
- When you count the breath, it means that you’re not focusing on what your mind is thinking about.
- Reflect and learn from your stressful situations to better equip you when really big stressful times come your way.
- The practice of Meditation, Yoga and Pilates isn’t just to use in moments of stress. It actually helps us to not get in stressful situations to begin with.
If you want to dive deeper and go through these techniques with us, be sure to sign up to our Free Masterclass where we’ll share the tools to manage the stress. It’s like a little retreat at home. Sign up here: https://getmerry.webinarninja.com/live-webinars/6730182/register
If you have any A-HA moments, questions, comments or feedback about this episode, send us an email at [email protected] or [email protected] or message us on our Facebook and Instagram accounts @themerrymakersisters.
Join our 5-day MerryBody Challenge and get direct access to 10 minute Yoga and Pilates classes. Sign up at themerrymakersisters.com/5days
Emma + Carla