For us in Australia, Summer is coming and it’s very exciting! But we also understand if the idea of cooling off at the beach brings you more anxiety than joy. And yes let’s all prepare for the marketing like ‘Summer Shred’ and ‘get bikini body ready’. Urgh, insert *eye roll* can we please stop?!
We used to feel the anxiety, nowadays we feel differently, from a whole lot of work in the unlearning of the BS (that thinness = beauty) and re-learning of self-acceptance and that beauty comes in every size, also that it’s actually the least important aspect of ourselves! We say this bikini body thing is pretty simple.
You have your body, put your bikini on it. Tada, you have your bikini body!
This podcast episode was inspired by Nikki from Styling You and her recent Swimsuit Guide (it’s amazing).
Stuff we talked about…
- How to change the belief that you’re not good/thin/smooth enough to wear a bikini.
- Move past the stories you tell yourself about your body.
- Enjoy being present, feeling the sun and the sand.
- Put a bikini on that makes you feel good and allows you to experience life! So you can swim and play vollwy ball, and boobs and bits stay in the swimsuit.
- Regardless of what other people think, it’s how you feel that is most important.
If it inspires you to go to the beach or jump into the pool and experience life to its fullness or if you have any A-HA moments, questions, comments or feedback about this episode, send us an email at [email protected] or [email protected] or message us on our Facebook and Instagram accounts @themerrymakersisters.
Join our 5-day MerryBody Challenge and get direct access to 10 minute Yoga and Pilates classes. Sign up at themerrymakersisters.com/5days
Emma + Carla