Over the last week, we’ve been telling each other to be more patient, right now we are in the process of selling our investment house, we also started investing in NFTs (non-fungible tokens) and also there is that whole running a business thing! All areas where patience is required. We’ve been reminding each other that all is coming. So of course, our real-life experiences make the best topic for a Get Merry episode!
That feeling of being impatient relates to the whole idea of not being content with where you’re, thinking that the grass looks greener on the other side. It’s a feeling of excitement with what you’re anticipating to happen.
But if it is creating anxiety and stress in your present moment, this is where we need to make some mindset shifts.
Stuff we talked about…
- Allow yourself to actually be in the journey instead of trying to be over there and speed it up. This is all part of the process.
- When you’re focused on the future, you create a feeling of ‘stuck’ within the present moment.
- “Impatience breeds anxiety, fear, discouragement and failure. Patience creates confidence, decisiveness, and a rational outlook, which eventually leads to success.”― Brian Adams. When you feel like you’re not there or you’re not good enough, you feel anxious and start comparing yourselves to people who are getting all the things that you want.
- These “bad” feelings are our greatest teachers. When we have awareness, we can bring a moment of patience, presence and gratitude, and feel expansive.
- Usually, the thing that we’re being impatient about is not the main thing in life. It is also probably not the answer to all your problems.
- Be excited that you have a goal and that you want to be somewhere else. But also be grateful for the journey there.
If you have any A-HA moments, questions, comments or feedback about this episode, send us an email at [email protected] or [email protected] or message us on our Facebook and Instagram accounts @themerrymakersisters.
Join our 5-day MerryBody Challenge and get direct access to 10 minute Yoga and Pilates classes. Sign up at themerrymakersisters.com/5days
Emma + Carla