Welcome to Episode 320 of the Get Merry podcast and our first official episode for 2022! It took us a little while to get back into it but here we are!
Every month inside MerryBody, we have a collective theme, and it’s something that we’ve been doing since the beginning.
Sometimes, because life happens, we can find ourselves going through the motions without adding anything new or learning something different. Having this theme allows us to reflect, to discover something new about ourselves and other people.
So, on our 36th month (Happy Birthday, MerryBody!), our theme is COURAGE.
So, what is courage and how we can cultivate more of it into our lives?
Stuff we talked about…
- Courage is not a lack of fear and anxiety nor a super mega confidence. It’s, instead, stepping forward regardless of how you’re feeling. It’s taking a step forward, even in the face of adversity, in the face of fear and uncertainty.
- When we’re going through hard times, knowing that getting through it will build that resilience muscle. You know it sucks but you’re going to move forward, learn from this, and grow from this.
- So often, people are like “I need to do this before I can do that. I need to get this ticked off before I can take that step forward.” And so often, self-doubt is louder than courage. But when we begin to practice moments of courage, that’s when it will grow and become a part of our lives.
- Courage is really about living your truth which is often hard. But when you take that step and you feel stronger and better afterwards, you feel more confident and honest with yourself. And the more you do it, the easier it becomes.
- How do we cultivate courage? A bit of self-reflection work is needed. Ask yourself what you want to welcome into your life and visualize that it’s already happening.
We’re not always going to feel courageous and fired up. Sometimes you need to slow down, go inwards and just think about something you’re grateful for. Life is all about the ebbs and flows, lightness and darkness, night and day, and you’re not always going to step forward with courage and that’s okay!
We would love to hear from you. If you have any A-HA moments, questions, comments or feedback about this episode, send us an email at [email protected] or [email protected] or message us on our Facebook and Instagram accounts @themerrymakersisters.
Emma + Carla