We’re going back to a topic from one of our most popular episodes. People pleasing. A people pleaser works very hard to make other people happy. Often putting other people’s needs above their own.
Are you a people pleaser?
Also, listen to Episode 216: how to stop being a people pleaser.
This is what we spoke about
- A people pleaser often says yes to something and suddenly feels resentment and anger, thoughts might pop up like ‘why did I say yes? I don’t even want to do this!’
- The first step of unlearning any habit is awareness. So, it’s acknowledging that you are a people pleaser and that you want to let go of some aspects of this behaviour
- Say yes when you mean yes and no when you mean no. When someone asks you to do something, check in with yourself first.
- Setting your boundaries is really empowering. Although it can feel awkward to say no, you’ll be proud of yourself for doing it.
- As a people pleaser, you might have old grudges that you’ve kept.
Go inwards and welcome awareness, what you can learn from others and most importantly, what you can learn from yourself?
We are running a live Q and A morning workout on Thursday 19th May 2022 6:30 AM AEST. If you want to join us, head to the themerrymakersisters.com/class.
If you have more questions about this or if something resonated with you, we would love to hear from you. Send us an email at [email protected] or [email protected] or message us on our Facebook and Instagram accounts @themerrymakersisters.
Download our FREE Self Care Checklist and you’ll find 50 brand new ideas to practice self care.
Check out all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE!
Emma + Carla
P.s if you ever need further help or guidance please contact Lifeline or Beyond Blue. Asking for help is pure courage.
Photo by Ryan Moreno on Unsplash