In this short and sweet episode, our goal is to get you feeling motivated to exercise. Right now, we are in Canberra (Australia), in the middle of winter. It’s freezing and a whole lot more difficult to exercise in Canberra compared to the Gold Coast! We feel the excuses creeping in, but we know if we don’t move, we will feel terrible. So, we share simple tactics on how to get motivated to exercise. If you are struggling to get into a rhythm of consistent exercise, tune in!
This is what we spoke about during the episode
- After you wake up and put your coffee on, just move. You don’t have to change into your leggings and crop tops. Whatever you’re wearing, whether it’s 50 layers, pajamas or bed socks, this is why online home workouts are great!
- We need to change the narrative that’s going on in the mind. If you’re really struggling to exercise, come up with your own mantra that resonates with you.
- Make doable micro goals. Even if all you have is five minutes to exercise, that’s better than nothing.
- Leave visual cues to remind you to start moving your body. Leave your mat rolled out, write notes for yourself on the mirror or fridge.
- Reduce friction. We love online workouts because we can just do it at home at any time. No need to choose a gym outfit. No travel time. No waiting time for the class to get started.
- Find the style of movement that you enjoy, that feels really doable and with less friction.
- Exercising now is an investment in your health and future.
If you’re feeling motivated from this episode or if something resonated with you, we would love to hear from you. Send us an email at [email protected] or [email protected] or message us on our Facebook and Instagram accounts @themerrymakersisters.
Emma + Carla