The quote from Steve Martin, “Thankfully, persistence is a great substitute for talent.”, reminded us of the conversations we’ve been having as we get towards our 10th year of business. We never really felt especially talented in any particular field. We were never number one at anything. But we did well in everything that we did because we were persistent, we showed up, we were enthusiastic, and we did the work.
This is what we spoke about during the episode
- When you’re trying to do something and it doesn’t happen in the time that you expected it to happen, you can either quit or keep going.
- When should you give up or when you should pivot?
- It’s hard work getting to the point of where you want to be, as well as maintaining it and going to the next level. You gotta have that resilient mindset to go through the hard times.
- A lesson from Yoga, detachment, teaches us to keep striving and reaching for our goals but know that wherever we end up going, that’s where we’re meant to be going and that the real treasure is in the journey and everything that we pick up along the way.
- Sometimes we can shy away from something because we think we’re not good enough.
- Stop relying on social media as your gauge of success.
- Persistence trumps talent and it’s the person who keeps striving, who keeps going, who keeps trying, who’s more likely to be successful.
It’s these one-liner quotes that can re-motivate you, re-inspire you and remind you to keep taking the steps and dig a little deeper. If you loved this episode, we would love to hear from you. Send us an email at [email protected] or [email protected] or message us on our Facebook and Instagram accounts @themerrymakersisters.
Download our FREE Self Care Checklist and you’ll find 50 brand new ideas to practice self care.
Emma + Carla