A good pair of swimmers that you love will create more joy in your life because they are a tool to help you enjoy the beach (or pool, or other water activity). In this episode we chat about the dread of going swimwear shopping. This episode will inspire you to move through the situation of hating swimwear shopping, so you can have more fun!
This is what we spoke about during the episode
- Clothing can be an extension of who you are and it can make you feel different. So, what makes you feel good?
- Who are you dressing for?
- Just because it’s in fashion and on trend, doesn’t mean you have to buy them. If you don’t like them, there’s plenty of other options.
- Bring along a supportive friend or companion who knows your history of anxiety and negative relationship with your self-image.
- You don’t need to change our body to fit a certain trend or to fit a certain time. Your body isn’t designed to fit jeans; jeans are designed to fit you.
- Do not look at the size of the clothes because every brand is completely different.
- Stop paying attention to fashion magazines and tabloids.
- Unfollow social media accounts that trigger you.
Self-acceptance is the most important practice.
If you are now inspired to go swimwear shopping and loved this episode, send us an email at [email protected] or [email protected] or message us on our Facebook and Instagram accounts @themerrymakersisters.
Download our FREE Self Care Checklist and you’ll find 50 brand new ideas to practice self care.
Check out all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE!
Emma + Carla
P.s if you ever need further help or guidance please contact Lifeline or Beyond Blue. Asking for help is pure courage.
Photo by Artem Beliaikin on Unsplash