We just got back from a Gold Coast Business Week event where we heard an amazing speaker, Michael McQueen. One thing really stuck with us, it was along the lines of staying humble and hungry. He was talking in reference to business and trends but it also applies to life in general.
This is what we spoke about during the episode
- How being humble and hungry is the perfect combination of personality traits.
- Humility is the ability to view yourself accurately as an individual with talents, as well as flaws while being void of arrogance and low self-esteem. It’s getting rid of your ego and welcoming self-acceptance.
- What it means to be hungry, is to be a driver of change. It’s not the hustle culture.
- Hone in on your hunger. Do one thing at once and do it well, and then move on to the next thing.
- Don’t do the same things over and over again.
- Remember that we’re all the same. No one is better than or below you. Don’t be afraid to suck, be a beginner and ask for help.
We hope that these two words “humble and hungry” inspire you in some ways. We would love to hear from you, send us an email to [email protected] or [email protected] or message us on our Facebook and Instagram accounts @themerrymakersisters.
Download our FREE Self Care Checklist and you’ll find 50 brand new ideas to practice self care.
Emma + Carla