If you throw out your scales after listening to this episode. Let us know!
Can you believe we started it in 2015! If you’ve been listening for a while now, you’d know that we have a long history of dieting. Quitting dieting was one of the best decisions we’ve ever made. In this episode, we share 5 ways to quit dieting.
This is what we spoke about during the episode
- Diet culture keeps us small and solely focused on how we look. There’s so much more to life than this.
- Throw the scales away. You don’t need to weigh yourself every day. Your weight fluctuates in the seasons of life.
- Unfollow people who make you feel like you need to transform your body in some kind of way.
- Stop body checking, you know that habit of checking the mirror to see if you’re thinner or bigger.
- Allow yourself to feel. It’s not about ignoring the feelings that come up around your weight, food and dieting. It’s more about being aware and knowing that these thoughts are not forever. And acknowledging that your weight does not define you.
- If you want to quit dieting, you actually have to quit dieting. Lose the restrictions in order to find a balanced way of eating. Check in with what rules and regulations you still hold yourself to in regard to food.
- Practice self-acceptance. It’s knowing and believing wholeheartedly that you are amazing just as you are.
The best thing about quitting dieting is the freedom you feel. Suddenly you have zero expectations of yourself, and more acceptance of yourself and other people. It’s freedom from those constant anxious thoughts.
We would love to hear from you, send us an email to [email protected] or [email protected] or message us on our Facebook and Instagram accounts @themerrymakersisters.
Download our FREE Self Care Checklist and you’ll find 50 brand new ideas to practice self care.
Check out all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE! If you loved this episode, if you love this podcast, we would appreciate you leaving us a review on whatever podcast app you’re listening to.
Emma + Carla
P.s if you ever need further help or guidance please contact Lifeline or Beyond Blue. Asking for help is pure courage.