In this episode, we share a practice that will bring you into the present moment. It’s a breathwork technique that will create a sense of calm. It will help you let go of stress and anxiety. This practice is a Pranayama technique which translates to life force control. Most people think that it’s breath control but actually “prana” is like an energy force that lives within and around the body that moves in, out and through each other. It’s important to flush this energy.
Let us know how you enjoy this breathwork technique! It’s important to not be driving or operating any machinery while doing the breathwork.
This is what we spoke about during the episode
- Many pranayama techniques are designed to calm and ground, while some create heat and invigorate the body.
- Alternate nostril breathing is an example of a calming and balancing practice.
- Sama Vritti, also known as equal breath or box breathing is another example that welcomes a sense of calm and peace.
- Kapalabathi breath or skull-shining breath, where you do short, sharp inhales and exhales, gets you feeling more energised and invigorated. It’s designed to cleanse the mind.
- Your breath can be used as a tool (not only to keep us alive hehe). When you welcome these practices you instantly change how you feel.
Download our FREE Self Care Checklist and you’ll find 50 brand new ideas to practice self care.
Check out all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE! If you loved this episode, if you love this podcast, we would appreciate you leaving us a review on whatever podcast app you’re listening to.
Emma + Carla