Is it time to stop being so mean to yourself? Instead, is it time to be… kind and compassionate? And perhaps is it even time to believe in yourself?
This is what we spoke about during the episode
- “Remember, you have been criticising yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” — Louise L. Hay
- As human beings, it’s normal to have a negative bias. Until you have awareness of your thoughts and realise which ones to keep and let go of, it will remain like that.
- Yoga and Meditation bring awareness to your thoughts.
- When you feel uncomfortable, it usually means you’re growing and it’s a good thing.
- One of the key themes of Yoga is compassion, not just for others but also for yourself.
- Accepting yourself exactly as you are, right here, right now, is a practice of self compassion.
- Be kind to yourself along this journey aka life.
Download our FREE Self Care Checklist and you’ll find 50 brand new ideas to practice self-care.
Check out all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE! If you loved this episode, if you love this podcast, we would appreciate you leaving us a review on whatever podcast app you’re listening to.
Emma + Carla