How can you avoid falling into the trap of constantly comparing yourself to your competitors? How can you ensure that the presence of competition doesn’t stop you? Even for those who don’t run a business, it’s easy to feel this competitive mindset and to let it get you down. How do we not let it get us down?!
This is what we spoke about during the episode
- Whenever we catch ourselves in that competition mindset, we remember the lesson we learnt from Joshua Rosenthal (founder of IIN). Look sideways. You are me, I am you, and we are one. No one is above you. No one is below you. We’re all the same.
- Awareness is the first step to not get stuck. You need to have the awareness to then go ahead and make a change.
- Looking at your competition is not necessarily a bad idea. Get inspiration from other people and learn from them.
- Look at your business and take note of your differentiation. How are you different to the competition? What do you do that’s different to them? Or what do you not do?
- Define what success means to you personally and stop comparing your success to someone else’s success, because it might not even be what you want.
- Cultivate a positive mindset. Learn how to be resilient and how to bounce back.
- You need to have a tool that diverts your thoughts.
- Just focus on the next step and see what happens. What’s one action step you can take right now to get you out of your head and into the work?
- Look at what you do have, instead of what you don’t have.
- Look after yourself, when your cup is full, you show up as a more kind, more compassionate, more patient, more focused, more vibrant version of yourself.
- Set goals, but also learn to detach from them and enjoy the journey toward the goals.
- There’s no one else on the planet exactly like you. Stay in your own lane with confidence, love, passion, excitement, and with a sense of pride.
- Stop focusing so much on the competition and focus on collaboration instead.
Download our FREE Self Care Checklist and you’ll find 50 brand new ideas to practice self-care.
Check out all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE! If you loved this episode, if you love this podcast, we would appreciate you leaving us a review on whatever podcast app you’re listening to.
Emma + Carla