In this Get Merry podcast episode, we delve into this month’s MerryBody theme which is, self-reflection.
“People who have had little self-reflection live life in a huge reality blind-spot.” — Bryant McGill
This is what we spoke about during the episode
- Self-reflection is a way to understand ourselves, how we interact with the life around us, and how we learn to do better.
- Self-reflection is a place where judgment should not exist. Rather than judgment, go in with acceptance front of mind.
- There are certain Yoga poses inside the MerryBody App, such as forward folds, that really invite self-reflection and going inwards. You’re gazing inward on yourself, you’re forward folding toward yourself and getting to know you.
- Where is the time for self-reflection and how do we make time for this? We listened to the Founders podcast episode about Brunello Cucinelli and how he would spend hours and hours in contemplation.
- Practising Yoga is a method to go inwards and can help you realise your morals and ethics.
- Self-reflection helps us understand perception vs. reality. This realisation helps you let go of your righteousness.
- How do we actually practice self-reflection? Yoga is a great practice, especially yin yoga. Write, journal, walk in nature. Sit by yourself and welcome in your thoughts.
- If you haven’t done a Yin Yoga class, check out one of our classes on YouTube. It’s called Love Your Liver Yin Yoga.
Self-reflection helps us to learn from the past and live better in the present.
Download our FREE Self Care Checklist and you’ll find 50 brand new ideas to practice self-care.
Check out all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE! If you loved this episode, if you love this podcast, we would appreciate you leaving us a review on whatever podcast app you’re listening to.
Emma + Carla