This podcast episode may offend you if you’ve hopped on the Lazy Girl trend, so perhaps, don’t tune in (haha).
This is what we spoke about during the episode
- The Lazy Girl job is not a new thing. People have been doing this forever. We used to have Lazy Girl jobs when we were in our 20s. We hated them.
- If you are taking care of yourself, and setting boundaries and not taking your work home, that isn’t a Lazy Girl job. That’s just being smart and looking after yourself.
- Why is the Lazy Girl job trend being glorified?
- The majority of our lives are spent at work, so it’s important that these hours are also enjoyed.
- Don’t label yourself as a Lazy Girl. If you feel like you’re being lazy, then ask for more. Ask for something else. Ask for a different opportunity. Ask for more from yourself.
- Show up and do your best. But, have self-compassion as well. Your best today may be different from yesterday.
- Upon reflection, some of the highest moments of our lives are the times of hard work, such as building the MerryBody membership.
- If you really want to succeed, there’s no laziness about it.
- Make wonderful things. Make something from nothing. Don’t be lazy!
Download our FREE Self Care Checklist and you’ll find 50 brand new ideas to practice self-care.
Check out all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE! If you loved this episode, if you love this podcast, we would appreciate you leaving us a review on whatever podcast app you’re listening to.
Emma + Carla