Imagine landing a job you absolutely love, but then realising the office chit-chat doesn’t really vibe with you. People keep on talking about losing weight and dieting, while you are on your path of self-acceptance and working out with the idea of celebrating your body.
How do you deal with this kind of situation? What do you do when you feel like you just don’t fit in at work?
This is what we spoke about during the episode
- When you find yourself being surrounded by people who often discuss subjects that make you uncomfortable or trigger you, try to identify other topics you can connect on and then steer the conversation in that direction.
- Keep doing the work, keep reminding yourself of why you’re letting go of dieting and why you don’t want to talk about this stuff. Keep practising your self-acceptance.
- We can actually exist in peace with different opinions.
- When you practice self-acceptance, you become less judgmental of yourself and of others.
- It is what it is, as it is.
- It’s impossible to click with everyone. If you do, it usually means you’re putting on a different mask in every room you walk into and not being yourself.
- What matters is that you stay true to yourself.
Let us know if this helped or if you’ve had a similar situation, what did you do?
Download our Chakra Ebook Guide for FREE. This ebook will help you create balance, confidence, clarity and joy with a foundational understanding of your body’s chakra energy centers.
Check out all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE! If you loved this episode, if you love this podcast, we would appreciate you leaving us a review on whatever podcast app you’re listening to.
Emma + Carla