In this episode, we chat about fad diets and how they can sabotage real health progress. We share our experiences in order to inspire but we also want to let you know that during this episode we talk about weight loss
We share our own experiences with yo-yo dieting and the detrimental effects it has on our physical and mental well-being. We talk about how we’ve overcome these fads and found a healthier mindset towards food and exercise. Now we can now talk about weight loss without the anxiety. We don’t connect our identities or worth to our weight.
If you’re feeling vulnerable about your weight and relationship to your body, still listen but be mindful. We are each on our own journey, so if any subjects trigger you please look after yourself.
We’re also excited to invite you to our free online event happening on the 26th of October, where we share with you how to stop the yo-yo on and off again diet and exercise regime. It’s about making healthy living easier than ever.
This is what we spoke about during the episode
- We reflect on our past travels in Europe, can you believe we were reading a diet book while travelling in Europe!!
- How we look is the least important thing and the least interesting thing about ourselves.
- You can lose weight without being obsessed with the number on the scales. It’s all about the daily choices you’re making.
- When we discovered self-acceptance, Yoga and Pilates, our whole life changed.
- No matter what, you are amazing and you’re enough!
- If we love ourselves, we treat ourselves differently. It is our self-acceptance, self-compassion, self-love and self respect.
- The changes in our mindset, and how we think and feel about ourselves are what helped us overcome the ongoing yo-yo effect.
Check out all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE! If you loved this episode, if you love this podcast, we would appreciate you leaving us a review on whatever podcast app you’re listening to.
Emma + Carla