Is it possible to be yourself 100% of the time? We chat about this question in today’s episode. We also provide actionable steps to help you feel more connected to your authentic self.
If you’re looking for the perfect wellness and calm-bringing gift for the holiday season, we now have gift cards for our MerryBody app. Or, if your loved one is looking to dive deeper into Yoga, we also have our Yoga teacher training available as a gift card.
This is what we spoke about during the episode
- We don’t have to show and share 100% of ourselves, but it’s important that we are being ourselves and we just choose the amounts that we show.
- Have moments of self-reflection to understand who you are as a person.
- Our devices are big fat distractions that make us feel disconnected, so it’s good to have social media-free days.
- Check in with your values and what’s important to you.
- Self-acceptance is embracing our uniqueness. It’s realising that we are enough exactly as we are.
- Confidence is the ability to be yourself in a room and then walk into another room and be yourself once again.
- Practising positive self-talk builds inner confidence.
- Avoid comparisons, both with others and with your past self. Release expectations that you should look, be and achieve in a certain way.
- Develop mindfulness through Yoga and Meditation to help you stay present and aware of what is going on.
- Surround yourself with a supportive network of friends and seek feedback when you need it.
- Learning helps add dimension to your true self.
- Set boundaries and learn to say no when something doesn’t align with your values or goals.
- Be patient and kind to yourself.
Maybe there was one action step that stood out that you can now go and implement. Let us know. We’d love to hear from you!
Check out all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE! If you loved this episode, if you love this podcast, we would appreciate you leaving us a review on whatever podcast app you’re listening to.
Emma + Carla