Although the holiday season is typically associated with joy, it is often filled with unrealistic expectations for events, gifts and family and friend time. This can lead to impatience, frustration and arguments. In this episode, we chat about the importance of patience and ways we can cultivate it during the festive time.
If you’re looking for the perfect wellness and calm-bringing gift for the holiday season, we now have gift cards for our MerryBody app. Or, if your loved one is looking to dive deeper into the world of Yoga, we also have our Yoga Teacher training available as a gift card. Best present ever!
This is what we spoke about during the episode
- Patience is a skill that can be learned by adding a pause or taking a breath before reacting.
- Practising mindfulness and being in the moment helps you gain control and minimise impulsive reactions.
- Being empathetic helps with being more patient because you become more understanding of other people’s situations.
- Soften arguments through empathy and don’t dwell on the problem. Focus on the common goal, which is to have a great Christmas together.
- Set more realistic expectations of each other or just release all expectations of what might happen. Allow yourself to have fun and not let the little things get to you.
- Cultivating gratitude and laughter during these moments spent with our loved ones can help us navigate any quirks or annoyances that may arise.
- Remember, these moments altogether don’t happen all the time!
Check out all the Get Merry Podcast episodes on iTunes and Overcast and Stitcher for Androids. Plus we are on Spotify over HERE! If you loved this episode, if you love this podcast, we would appreciate you leaving us a review on whatever podcast app you’re listening to.
Emma + Carla