You are gonna love this 5 ingredient basic biscuit recipe. The recipe is gluten free, grain free, refined sugar free but absolutely delicious! Oh, and these biccies are mega easy to whip up. Hello, 5 ingredients!
This epic recipe is brought to you by SupaBarn. You know how much we love them, each and every ingredient is from their epic health food section. They always have the newest on-trend healthy cooking ingredients. They are the best!
These healthy basic biscuits are perfect for decorating. Frost or ice them with healthy icing and then top with crushed nuts, fruit or healthy chocolate (ahhh yummo!).
We know this recipe has nuts in them BUT if your kids aren’t allergic this recipe would be perfect to make for them and with them!
If you try our healthy 5 ingredient basic biscuit recipe let us know! We’d love to see a pic on social media. 100 points for decorations!
Emma + Carla
- 3 cups blanched almond meal
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup (or honey/maple)
- 2 tbs. nut butter (we like peanut butter... duh)
- Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F) and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, place the almond meal and cinnamon, mix until combined.
- In a small bowl, place the melted butter, syrup and nut butter, mix until smooth and combined.
- Add the butter mix to the dry ingredients and mix until a sticky cookie dough forms.
- Roll tablespoon fulls of dough and place evenly onto the baking trays.
- Flatten the cookies down with your palm and then smooth the edges with your fingertips.
- Place into the oven for 12-16 minutes, keep an eye on them as they burn quickly and ovens can differ.
- Allow to cool completely before enjoying or decorating with yummy things!
- These are the BEST!
- Decorate your basic biccies with icing, frosting, fruit and nuts for extra fun, MERRY factor!