Understanding your value as a person is an important aspect of overall health and happiness. If you’re completely over your constant self-criticism, lack of self-esteem and feelings of inadequacy. Take a read of these powerful ways to boost your self-worth.
- Practice Self-Acceptance: Acceptance is a great first step towards building your self-worth. Embrace all aspects of yourself, yes, including your strengths and weaknesses. Acknowledge your flaws not as failures, simply notice them without any expectations or judgements.
- Set Healthy Boundaries: People pleasing is a habit that can come from low-self worth. Here’s a reminder, it’s fine to say “no” when something doesn’t align with your values. Asserting your needs isn’t being selfish, it also can help to promote your self-worth. Remember, you’re important.
- Nurture Self-Compassion: Be gentle with yourself when you make mistakes or experience setbacks. Be gentle when you are learning through any kind of hardship. You know how you’d comfort a close friend when they’re down? It’s time to do that for yourself. When you make mistakes or face challenges, treat yourself with kindness, not criticism. After all, life is filled with ups and downs.
- Celebrate Your Achievements: It’s important to acknowledge and celebrate your achievements, no matter how small they may seem. Recognising and celebrating your wins, both big and small, boosts your confidence and affirms your capabilities. It’s not boasting or being arrogant—it’s about acknowledging your progress. You are allowed to be proud of yourself! You are allowed to celebrate yourself! Ok!
- Invest in Self-Care: Regularly taking time out for self-care is a vital way to nurture and grow self-worth. Maybe for you, that’s a morning beach walk, a Yin Yoga class an evening meditation, or a favourite book. Whatever it is, these activities are a reminder that you’re deserving of your own time and attention.
Remember, it’s not about ticking these off once and being done with it. Welcoming any new mindset takes time and devotion.
We’re not saying you need to spend all day every day practising your self-worth (haha in fact, we’d not suggest this at all!), it’s more about bringing it to your awareness and noticing where your thought patterns and actions could do with a little tweaking.
This is why we link intentions to the action of a Yoga class, or Pilates session or meditation. It worked so well for our personal practices that we brought it into our MerryBody Yoga and Pilates App and community.
Each month we choose a collective intention and theme to work on within the community, the theme also guides our new classes. This month it’s Self-Worth!
So, each and every time someone hits play on a MerryBody Yoga, Pilates or Meditation class they are solidifying their self-worth.
The real magic comes with consistent practice, and this is why we regularly host 21 Day Challenges. These are often the catalyst for someone creating everlasting and sustainable exercise habits.
If you’d like to join us in this daily practice of self-worth, download the MerryBody App and begin your free trial today. We begin on 14 August, these Challenges are the perfect way to welcome consistent self-care practices that will boost your confidence and self-worth.