Did you know this is the first time we’ve actually said the word f#ck on themerrymakersisters.com? Woha 😛 hehe but with good reason! This was one our all time best/fave interviews we’ve done to date on #MerryBiz (actually, Carla said it was her actual favourite).
Mark Manson does things a little differently when it comes to self-help. He makes you think harder. Question things. And in all honestly, he helps you just live a much simpler, better life, through the art of subtly not giving f#cks about certain things.
Don’t take it the wrong way. It’s not about giving no f#cks. It’s about choosing what f#cks to give.
We go into all sorts of things during this interview, one of the best moments was when Mark said…
“Wanting more positive experience is itself a negative experience, embracing negative experience is itself a positive experience.”
See! Made you think! And we bet it made you go AHA! Maybe you had to read it 5 times like us which is totally a-ok. It’s so true it hurts.
If there is one interview you listen to on #MerryBiz (oh come on… you know you wanna listen to them all!) make it this one. It will change your thoughts… and you know what they say when you change your thoughts… right? Right?
We’re so super pumped to welcome Mark Manson to the #MerryBiz podcast! YEW!
Take a listen!
Some questions we asked…
- Tell us about The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F#ck?
- How did you develop this way of thinking?
- What was the initial reaction to your style/thoughts when you started sharing it with the world?
- Tell us about the feedback loop from hell?
- What do you say to people who ask you “How do I find my passion?”
- How do you deal with failure?
“This too shall pass”
Some AHA! Moments in this episode…
- Why we need to become comfortable with the suckage that happens in life.
- Why feeling bad isn’t a bad thing and how to remove the label and get on with life.
- Your ability to achieve success is directly proportional to how much failure you’re willing to deal with (epic, right?).
- Wanting more positive experience is itself a negative experience, embracing negative experience is itself a positive experience.
- There’s always something to gain from any experience.
“What we end up giving a f#ck about determines our motivation and goals.”
Links to the stuff we talked about…
Pre-order Mark’s Book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F#ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life
“Pay attention to how things make you feel and to what feels important to you in each moment.”
We want to give a HUGE shout out to the amazing guys of Drawing North for providing the podcast music of #MerryBiz. Yes, they are kinda epic. You gotta check them out! This is our favourite song!
What was your biggest AHA!?
We wanna hear all about it! Share your moments of AHA! Or the action you’re gonna take after listening to this #MerryBiz episode!