Did we have you at avocado? Or was it bacon? Or chicken thighs? These Avocado Stuffed Chicken Thighs Wrapped in Bacon may have the BEST combo of delicious healthy ingredients EVER! They sure make for one mighty fine dinner! Delicious!
We make these as our go to for when we’re entertaining guests! Trust us when we tell you they get plenty ticks of approval! Soooo tasty!
Let us know if you like them! You can pretty much stuff the chicken with any ingredient you want! We’ve even used our paleo beetroot hummus instead of the avocado. One word… YUM!
Emma + Carla
p.s did you know this recipe features in our FREE recipe eBook? Download your copy HERE!
avocado stuffed chicken thighs wrapped in bacon
Stuff you need
- 8 chicken thighs
- 8 rashers of streaky bacon
- 2 shallots (scallions)
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp. chilli powder (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and prepare 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a food processor whiz the flesh of the avocado, shallots, lime juice, basil leaves and salt and pepper until smooth. Leave this for now.
- Lay the chicken thighs open on the baking trays and place a tablespoon of avocado mix on to the middle of each chicken thigh.
- Fold the chicken thighs in half, so the avocado mix is inside the chicken thigh.
- Wrap each chicken thigh in bacon and place on to the baking tray so the ends of the bacon are underneath the chicken or you can use tooth picks to hold the bacon on to the chicken.
- Place in to the oven for 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Serve with a heap of delicious veggies! Hello amazing YUM healthy dinner!
Merrymaker Sisters | MerryBody Online Studio: Unlimited Yoga, Pilates and Meditation https://themerrymakersisters.com/