OMGosh this bacon and egg fried cauli-rice recipe might just be our new favourite dinner recipe! Not only is it delicious and healthy, it’s so quick and easy to whip up! Especially if you’re prepared.
And also… bacon and egg anything is the best. Plus, it’s a great low carb dinner recipe if you’re testing out keto or a low carb lifestyle. We are not low carb every day, we’ll have low carb meals and low carb days BUT we love rice, sushi and sweet potato, so we could never ever be 100% low carb.
But really, cauli-rice is the most amazing swap to regular rice. The only annoying part is the preparation. Our tip is to prepare it before you make the actual bacon and egg fried cauli-rice recipe.
So either the night before or the morning of, cut up your cauliflower and grate it or use a food processor or blender to create the ‘rice’. Keep it in an airtight container in the fridge until you’re ready to cook up dinner. This way, it feels like a super easy and super quick dinner recipe. Like literally we’re talking 10 minutes to cook! Boom shake the room!
Also, feel free to add whatever other ingredients you like. Go traditional and add peas, prawns and shallots. Yuuummmm. We wanted to keep it nice and simple. We also reckon the kids would approve of this yummy dinner recipe!
Emma + Carla
P.s this recipe is also on our recipe app! PLUS we share exclusive app only recipes to the app… there’s about 80 epic recipes you can only find on the app! So awesome! Download it today!
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets and grated or whizzed in blender
- 200 g (7 oz.) diced bacon
- 4 eggs whisked
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 tbs. tamari sauce or coconut aminoes
- 1 tbs. macadamia oil
- In a large pan on high heat, add a little oil. Add the bacon and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add the carrots to the pan and fry for another minute.
- Add the cauliflower and the tamari sauce and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
- Move everything in the pan to one side, add a little extra oil if required, pour the eggs into empty side of the pan and allow to cook. Once almost cooked stir everything together so the egg breaks apart and is stirred though the other ingredients.
- Top with your fave herbs or sesame seeds. Yum.
- Add your fave traditional fried rice ingredients, like peas, shallots and prawns! So good.