Oh wow, this banana bread and butter pudding recipe is all kinds of amazing, easy to make and delicious to eat! It’s also refined sugar free, gluten free and grain free. We think you should definitely add it to your ‘to bake’ list now!
It’s the ultimate healthier sweet treat as the weather starts cooling down here in Australia. Imagine curling up on the couch under a cozy blanket eating this banana bread and butter pudding with a cuppa tea. Now, THIS is how you do winter.
This recipe is from our hard copy recipe book and right now there are a handful of copies available at 50% off… when we say handful we mean it!
All you have to do is use code: 50GETMERRY when you checkout and you’ll get the book for just $19.50! You’ll 95 of our best healthy recipes, all gluten free, grain free, refined sugar free with dairy free options.
If you make this epic delicious healthy bread and butter pudding, let us know! Share a pic with us on social media.
Emma + Carla
Ps. grab your Get Merry recipe book HERE!
Banana bread and butter pudding
STUFF YOU NEED
FOR THE BREAD
- 150 g (5 oz.) butter cubed (or coconut oil)
- 3 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups blanched almond meal
- 3/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/4 cup sultanas (optional)
- 1 tsp. 100% vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking paper
FOR THE CUSTARD
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk (canned)
- 1/4 cup honey (or rice malt syrup)
- 2 tsp. 100% vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 20cm x 10 cm (8 x 4 inch) loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a mix master or blender cream the butter, eggs and vanilla.
- In a large bowl mix the almond meal, walnuts and baking powder.
- Add the butter mixture and mashed bananas to the large bowl and stir until combined.
- Transfer the mixture into prepared tin and place into the oven for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and allow to cool completely before you turn out and slice.
- This is where in a regular bread and butter pudding you'd smother each slice in butter... we feel like our banana bread already has plenty of butter, but feelmfree to add extra if you want!
- In a large baking dish and overlap slices of banana bread and sprinkle with sultanas.
- Remember, once the banana bread is cooled, re-heat the oven to 180°C (350°F) if you turned it off!
- Now for the custard filling! Whisk all the ingredients together until combined.
- Pour the filling on top of the banana bread slices evenly and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Place into the oven for 20 minutes or until the custard looks just set.
- Now eat! Yum! Yay!