Bet that caught your attention? Caught ours too! This post is thanks to our blog partner, MgLIFE Organic Magnesium Oil. We’ve been road testing their oil and now here’s 2 minutes to a better sleep…
Ok, so you guys know that we love getting good sleeps. Like we’re the kinda people that go to bed at 9.30pm. #partylife
We know we feel better and function better when we sleep good. Plus there’s like a bazillion other reasons (from scientific studies) why you need to prioritise your sleep. You ready for them?
Good sleep improves your memory, helps with inflammation in the body, makes you more creative (you totally have better ideas when you sleep good), you’ll have more energy and concentration, assists with weight loss, lowers your stress levels, allows your body to recover… and apparently, you live longer.
SO if you’re not getting a good sleep every night, well let’s all agree to do something about it.
Cuz, we don’t know about you but all those benefits seem pretty darn good.
Let’s be real for a second… it probably starts with turning off the Netflix, are we right?!
But we know you defs clicked over because you want our 2-minute step to a freaking AMAZING sleep… and yes it does involve touching yourself (oh, we went there).
Our number 1 tip (and it only takes 2 minutes and works like a charm) is to rub Magnesium Oil onto your body before you go to sleep.
We use MgLIFE Organic Magnesium Oil.
It’s extracted from pure sea water, with no chemicals or other nasties. And remember, what we put onto our skin is JUST as important as what we eat. In fact, our skin actually absorbs anything we put onto it directly into the bloodstream 10 times faster than what we eat. Makes sense, because it bypasses the entire digestive system. Hot tip right there.
So yeah, MgLIFE rocks.
Magnesium helps your body to relax certain receptors in your brain and nervous system. When you apply Magnesium Oil to the soles of your feet, or your calves just before bed, your body will lap it up (aka absorb), and help you relax like you never have before.
But Magnesium ain’t just for sleep. It’s a mineral that we all need for our body to be healthy. And 3/4 of Aussies are deficient. OH NO, that sucks.
Magnesium helps the body to release heavy metals and chemical toxins from the body. It supports adrenal glands, relaxes muscles and nerves. It is essential to activate over 300 enzyme reactions in the body that happen daily!
Like the fact that Magnesium is needed for Vitamin D to turn on calcium absorption (seriously the body is AH-mazing).
Let’s get un-deficient, ok? Promise? Yay!
And what better/funner way than to rub it on yourself OR to soak in a delicious Magnesium Oil bath. And by delicious we don’t mean it will taste good, we just mean delicious/relaxing/self-loving. You can add 100mL of the MgLIFE Magnesium Oil to your bath and soak away.
Every cell in your body needs Magnesium, for brain health, heart health, muscle contraction, bone strength and energy production. Seriously, the stuff is magical.
Ok, here are some other fun things you can do with Magnesium Oil and other benefits you’ll get when you simply rub it on your skin.
- We already talked about the relaxation/good sleep factor but because it’s a muscle relaxant, you can apply it before exercise to help with any aches and pains. PLUS it helps with DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness… seriously, DOMS can be paaainnnnful… even doing just Pilates we get this delayed soreness thing! So bring on the Magnesium Oil we say!).
- Don’t just apply before… applying the oil AFTER exercise or to any sore muscles/restless legs will again, relax the body and make you go to bliss land.
- One thing we freaking love about the oil is that you can apply it to problem skin areas, like blackheads or acne. The oil helps to break down different fats and oils on our skin and make it beautiful and bright.
- If you suffer from headaches/migraines you can rub it on the base of your neck/hairline, the oil will help release tension, lowers the brain’s temperature AND regulate key hormones.
If you’re wondering if you might be deficient in Magnesium you can work with your health practitioner and arrange a test! But some symptoms to look out for include:
- Muscle spasms/cramps
- High blood pressure
- Trouble sleeping (hence the 2 minute hack ;))
- Low energy
Anyone else feel like they’ve just been to the best Human Biology class ever?! All hands up please! PLUS how good is it when the action step is so freaking simple! All it takes is 2 minutes to rub the MgLIFE on your body… yaaaaah! Feels goooood!
Emma + Carla
We only work with brands and people we love. Get in touch if you have any questions! And check out MgLIFE coz they rock.