These cauliflower and pumpkin seed tacos are all kinds of amazing. They are the perfect thing to whip up if you’re trying to eat more vegetarian and feel like getting a little creative!
They really are so delicious. The lime, the spices and that crunch from the pumpkin seeds! Mmmmm yummmmy!
Plus, the soft wraps are actually easy to make. Well worth the effort BUT if you don’t feel like making them simply swap to lettuce cups. Or buy your favourite wrap variety. There are a bunch of grain free and gluten free wraps available now, but also go for regular burrito wraps if you feel good when you eat them.
We are more about going with what feels good when it comes to our diets… we just found that eating such a restrictive diet actually causes more stress and anxiety in the mind and the body. So whatever works for you, works for us!
If you make these delicious cauliflower and pumpkin seed tacos let us know! Share a pic with us on social media… even if you stuff up the wraps (haha), the tip is… go slow with the flip!
Emma + Carla
P.s also, come and try our online Yoga, Pilates and meditation Studio! The first 7 days are completely Free! Cool huh, sign up here to start today!
Cauliflower and pumpkin seed soft tacos
STUFF YOU NEED
For the wraps
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cassava flour (or tapioca/arrowroot)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tbs. coconut flour
- pinch salt
- oil for pan
For the fillings
- 1 onion sliced
- 1⁄2 cauliflower cut into florets
- 1⁄4 purple cabbage sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 tomato diced
- 1/2 bunch coriander (cilantro)
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- salt and pepper
- oil for the pan
Start with the wraps
- In a blender/food processor mix all ingredients together until smooth.
- In a small fry pan melt a little oil on medium heat. Add 1⁄4 cups of batter to the pan.
- Cook for 3 minutes until the edges start to rise.
- Carefully flip and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Place on a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Keep melting extra oil and cooking taco wraps until all the mixture is used. It should make 6 wraps.
For the fillings
- Heat a little oil in a medium heat fry pan.
- Add the onion, cauliflower, cabbage, pumpkin seeds, spices and salt and pepper.
- Stir fry for 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is cooked to your liking.
- Once everything is cooked, fill your wraps with the cauliflower mix top with avocado, tomato, fresh coriander and squeeze with lime juice.