Although winter is almost over for us here on the Gold Coast, it’s still just cool enough for a hot porridge brekky. And we have a feeling you are going to love this chai buckwheat porridge recipe! Not only easy to make but it’s also very delicious and satisfying.
We’ve been loving porridge, buckwheat and also the regular rolled oat kind this winter. This kind of brekky in winter simply feels more satisfying, especially compared to our old favourite brekky smoothie bowl (we now save them for summer hah makes more sense).
But if you do end up loving this breakfast and want to continue it on into the summer months, you can enjoy it cold! It’s just as yum and satisfying.
If you do make this recipe let us know, we’d love to see a bowl of your delicious porridge on Instagram! We are @themerrymakersisters.
Emma + Carla
Ps. did you know we also have an Online Yoga, Pilates and Meditation App. It’s called MerryBody. The real difference is that we move for the joy of it. It’s not about weight loss or getting your before and after photo. It’s about moving your amazing body to feel good and to promote health and well being.
If you are in an exercise rut or if you’re just looking for something fresh we’d love to invite you to try MerryBody for free for your first 7 days. Absolutely risk free, try out the Yoga, Pilates, Barre, Yin Yoga and Meditation classes to get a real feel for our style of teaching. We have a feeling you might just love it.
Get access over HERE!
Pps. ok, now check out the chai buckwheat porridge recipe.
Chai buckwheat porridge
STUFF YOU NEED
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk (carton)
- 1⁄2 cup activated buckwheat groats
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tbs. natural sweetener
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- drizzle of honey, sprinkle of nuts and handful of berries for the toppings
- Rinse the buckwheat under water until the water runs clear.
- In a saucepan on medium heat place the buckwheat and 1⁄2 cup of water, allow to cook and absorb. It should take about 5 minutes
- Add the milk, spices, vanilla and sweetener, continue to cook and stir until the buckwheat becomes nice and soft. It should take around 10 – 15 minutes Be sure not to boil.
- Pour in a bowl, top with all the toppings and make it look pretty! Oh! Share a photo with us on social media! Yay!