This chicken tetrazzini with zoodles recipe is the ultimate in healthy comfort food! And we know you will love every bite!
The zoodles make this chicken tetrazzini lower in carbs. But the traditional recipe tetrazzini recipe is made with pasta… so if you prefer, swap to your favourite pasta variety.
But even with the zoodles it still falls perfectly into the comfort food category… we can thank the cheese for that!
If you make this delicious recipe, let us know! Share a pic with us on social media, we’d LOVE to see them!
Emma + Carla
P.s we’ve also added this chicken tetrazzini with zoodles recipe onto the Get Merry recipe app. You can download it over HERE!
Chicken tetrazzini with zoodles
STUFF YOU NEED
- 500 g (1 lbs.) chicken thighs cubed
- 300 g (10 1⁄2 oz.) button sliced
- 150 g (5 oz.) frozen peas
- 250 ml (8 fl. oz.) coconut milk (canned)
- 4 zucchinis spiralized or peeled lengthways (zoodles)
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 onion diced
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (or chicken stock)
- 4 tbs. butter
- 3 tbs. cassava flour or arrowroot/tapioca
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. oregano salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a fry pan on high heat add 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the chicken and fry until cooked through.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the fry pan and set aside.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the other 2 tablespoons of butter to the fry pan, along with the onion, garlic, mushrooms and dried herbs. Fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and coconut milk, turn the heat down to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir through the cassava flour, it should thicken (use a whisk to get rid of any gloopy bits!).
- Add the peas, zoodles and chicken and stir to combine. Add a little (or a lot) salt and pepper to season to your liking.
- Transfer into a large casserole dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted perfectly!