These delish fun healthy coconut water cocktails are another epic collab with our blog partner Celebrate Health! And heck to the yeh to celebrating our health.
‘Tis the season for celebrating!
If you guys follow us on the socials you know we love the odd cocktail. Not gonna lie, 2016 had some stressful times and there were a few times where the healthy cocktail was a coping mechanism. Oops.
We actually do not recommend using cocktails as a coping mechanism (meditation usually works better, or yoga, or a rest :P) BUT we do recommend making these coconut water cocktails this festive season for some good times!
And if alcohol is not your thing (which we totally understand. We’ve been there! And probably will be back at some stage! Plus if you’re under 18 especially)… you can turn these healthy cocktails into even healthier MOCKtails!
Because fun and freaking YUM!
Sending a huge shoutout to Kris from Black Hops Brewing for helping us make these amazing cocktails (he is cocktail expert!).
You know we’re all about the quick and easy factor when it comes to our recipes. And these healthy cocktails are just that!
We’ve used real fruit juice and our favourite coconut water in these recipes. We all know alcohol isn’t good for us but if we make the mixers healthier we’re all #winning!
Alcohol causes dehydration which leads to the dreaded hangover (YUCK!). We love adding coconut water to alcohol because it helps with hydration so this means not-as-bad or maybe… no hangovers!
Also, coconut water is filled with good stuff like potassium, sodium, calcium and magnesium. This doesn’t mean you should be having 10 of these cocktails BUT it’s a way better mixer choice than sugary, artificial soft drinks.
The BEST bit, you can get a 20% discount when you use this special code: COCO20 when you checkout thanks to our amazing friends at Celebrate Health! Yay!
If you make one of our Merry coconut water cocktails let us know! And we’d love to see a pic!
Emma + Carla
When we go to our fave Japanese restaurant we always order a cocktail called a Gin Garden! Because we added coconut water… introducing the most delish Gin Beach Garden healthy cocktail!
These are strong=ish… 1-2 is enough 😉
- 100 ml (3.3 fl oz.) Celebrate Health coconut water
- 45 ml (1.5 fl oz.) gin
- 20 ml (0.8 fl oz.) elderflower liqueur
- 2-3 slices of cucumber and extra
- 2 sprigs of mint
- 2 martini glasses (or whatever glasses)
- ice cubes
- cocktail shaker, strainer
- Using the bottom glass of the cocktail shaker add the gin, coconut water, elderflower, cucumber and some ice cubes. Stir slowly.
- Strain into 2 chilled martini glasses (or whatever glasses), add extra cumber slices and a sprig of mint in each.
- If you don't have a cocktail shaker just use a glass. If you don't have a strainer just use a spoon.
- 1 cup chopped watermelon
- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 cup Celebrate Health coconut water
- 60 ml (2 fl oz.) vodka
- 20 ml (0.7 fl oz.) elderflower liqueur
- 2 glasses
- Add the watermelon, ice, coconut water, vodka and elderflower to the blender. Whiz till combined.
- Pour into cute glasses and drink up!
- Add some mint for extra fresh factor.
- 5 strawberries
- 1/2 mango
- 120 ml (4 fl oz.) pineapple juice (or half cup chopped pineapple)
- 120 ml (4 fl oz.) coconut water
- 90 ml (3 fl oz.) vodka
- 2 cute glasses
- In a blender whiz up all the ingredients till smooth.
- Pour into glasses. Cheers!
- Swap the vodka for tequila and add some lime juice to the party. YUM!