This epic 1 Ingredient Easy Healthy Pizza Base recipe is a collaboration with our blog partner Celebrate Health. When we say epic, we mean epic! Oh BTW if you’re after the 20% discount, use MERRYMAKERS20
This is not a drill. This easy healthy pizza base recipe only has 1 ingredient. Well 4 if you count water, baking soda and salt (haha), but we’re pretty sure it’s really just 1 ingredient!
The star ingredient is quinoa.
The other ingredients are secondary ingredients. Yes, they are important but still… we are claiming the 1 ingredient factor.
So YES. 1 ingredient easy healthy pizza base recipe is coming for you!
Far out, can you tell we are excited about this recipe? We are FREAKING excited! We’re all about the less ingredient thing and super easy recipes. Less time cooking = more time for other stuff… like nature walks, family and friend time, oh and Netflix time. All very important.
We got so excited about this recipe that we just had to include it in our next Merrymaker Club meal plan. Because we are officially #obsessed!
Quinoa is an epic ingredient alone but we are loving the Celebrate Health quinoa range. Because, hello delish flavours!
We’re talking Mexican flavour, lemon and thyme, tomato and basil, Indian Masala and Moroccan!
Some serious get in belly action. Are we right or are we right? Celebrate Health takes the quinoa delish factor up a level!
And for this month you can get 20% off your Celebrate Health quinoa when you use code: MERRYMAKERS20
Wanna know some other awesome stuff about quinoa? Yah, of course.
Awesome Stuff About Quinoa
- Quinoa is an amazing source of protein. This is awesome news if you’re vego, or if you are trying to up the protein.
- Quinoa has 9 essential amino acids including, lysine, isoleucine, threonine, tryptophan, valine, histidine and methionine. Far out, don’t worry, we can’t pronounce any of them either! FYI we need amino acids to be healthy as!
- It’s high in manganese, this protects cells from free radicals! Boom!
- It’s also high in magnesium which sahhh many people are deficient in! This helps cells and muscles reeelax. Helps you sleep real good too!
- It’s also high in fibre and you know that good digestion is our best friend in the whole wide world. Seriously, bad digestion sucks. No thank you!
- It tastes delish and super versatile. Hello! 1 ingredient easy healthy pizza base screams versatile!
The last point is definitely the most awesome.
Who knew you could make a healthy pizza base with 1 INGREDIENT? Like what the actual bleep?!
It’s such an easy peasy recipe and only filled with good stuff. BOOM! If you get your Merry pizza cook up on make sure you take a photo and share it with us. We’d love to see it on Facebook and Instagram.
Emma + Carla
Ps. Don’t forget to Checkout Celebrate Health and to get the 20% discount, use MERRYMAKERS20
- 2 packets Celebrate Health Quinoa Tomato and Basil Blend OR 1 ½ cups quinoa
- ½ cup water (plus extra for soaking)
- 1 tsp. baking powder (gluten free)
- 1 tsp. salt
- Place the quinoa into a bowl and cover with water so all the quinoa is covered. Allow to soak overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Drain and rinse the quinoa.
- Place the quinoa, water, baking powder and salt into your blender or food processor and whiz until a smooth batter forms.
- Line 2 x 23 cm (9 inch) springform cake tins with baking paper and preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Divide the mixture between both cake tins and spread out to the edges with the back of a spoon. Make sure the base is even by shaking the tin a little.
- Place both bases into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, release the springform and then carefully flip each base over.
- Place back into the oven for 5 minutes.
- Take out of the oven again, top with your favourite toppings and place back into the oven until your toppings are heated or cheese is melted!
- This is SO yum cold and also the perfect grain free pita bread! Hello dip and fun and yum!