MerryBody Online Studio turns one on 7 March so of course, we needed a one shaped birthday cake to celebrate! And we can confirm that this easy healthy vanilla butter cake was extremely delicious and the perfect way to celebrate.
Far out we can not believe how fast this year has gone and how much has happened.
There are now over 80 MerryBody Pilates and Yoga classes inside the class library, there are over 60 guided meditations, there are over 550 amazing members inside the Studio! Look at this cake…
We’ve filmed classes every month for the last 12 months with our amazing video team at 3 different locations.
We created an App version because members asked for it.
Members have loved 5 different 21 day Yoga and Pilates challenges (and now run them every 2 months!).
We’ve created quarterly masterclasses on topics like goals and body confidence that can be re-watched again and again.
There are now over 20 amazing interviews with health and wellness experts from around the world to the membership.
We’ve created a 5-day core challenge and a 5-day arms challenge with short 5 classes that are all inside the Studio.
And now we are more excited than ever to keep going. To create more. To add more to the Studio.
The ideas are endless! And the love we feel for all our MerryBody members is huge. Thank you for believing in MerryBody and us, we are grateful.
Emma + Carla
Ps. if you make the cake, share a pic with us!
P.p.s here’s how we made the shape…
Easy healthy vanilla butter cake
STUFF YOU NEED
- 3 cups blanched almond meal
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk (canned)
- 3/4 cup butter (approx. 100g/3.5 oz.)
- 2/3 cup rice malt syrup (or natural sweetener of choice)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 6 eggs
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. 100% vanilla extract
For the pink frosting
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup butter cubed (approx. 150g/5 oz.)
- 1 cup dragon fruit (we used frozen, thawed)
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup (or natural sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp. 100% vanilla
- toppings of choice
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease and line two 8cm x 25cm (3¼-inch x 10-inch) bar cake pans.
- In a large bowl combine the almond meal, coconut flour and baking powder.
- In a blender or mix master, mix the butter and rice malt syrup together.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, coconut milk and mix well. (Don't worry if it looks a little 'curdled').
- Pour this into the large bowl with the dry ingredients and gently mix together.
- Transfer evenly into the lined tins and bake for 30 minutes or until lightly brown and cooked through.
- Allow to cool completely before turning out onto a wire.
- Cut into your 1 shape (see image in blog post). We used a full bar, then cut the second bar into 4 pieces - first in half, then in half again, then 1 small triangle out of 1 of the quarters.
For the icing
- In a high power blender or food processor whiz the coconut until buttery.
- Add the butter cubes and continue to whiz until smooth.
- Add the dragon fruit, whiz again! You should have a nice pink colour frosting.
- Last but not least, add the rice malt syrup and vanilla and whiz on super slow until combined.
- Spread the frosting onto the cooled cake and YUM! We topped ours with raspberries and a drizzle of melted dark chocolate.
- Keep stored in the fridge or you can freeze separate slices in the freezer!