You are gonna love this recipe for easy keto cookies. And don’t even get us started on the magic of the keto chocolate frosting recipe. It’s got a super special ingredient.
We know this recipe is a winning recipe because we made it on Saturday, they’re all gone by Sunday and we’re ready to make another batch on Monday. Oooops.
So yes, we just know you’re gonna love them!
You’ll love the cookies because the recipe is ridiculously easy to make. Like add everything to a bowl and mix kinda easy. They were also easy to roll (this is important, not too sticky, not too crumbly!). And they turned out perfect first batch. Boom.
But we had to test again (haha).
Ok, enough talk about the epicness of the keto cookies, let’s chat chocolate frosting.
And yes, of course, the cookies are super yum without the frosting but helllooooo frosting makes everything better.
This keto chocolate frosting is extra special because we added Astragalus Root. One of the most important herbal tonics in Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Our faves from Teelixir say that Astragalus Root is known as The Great Protector for its ability to function as an immune stimulator that supports and enhances the body’s defence system.
We’ve been testing Astragalus Root in all the things, from smoothies, to sprinkling on our dinners, to mixing with coconut milk and adding to raw treats (our preference is obviously the keto chocolate frosting!).
Although it’s best to test supplements out for at least 30 days to feel the benefit, we reckon we feel way more energised in just one week!
It’s the perfect supplement to add to your diet. Right now we are in the middle of winter in Australia, a time when so many people around us are getting colds and coughs and Winter just feels a little low vibe. Bring on this immunity boosting and energising supp!
Learn more about Astragalus Root HERE.
Here are some benefits of Astragalus we found during our research… (ummm yes please to all of these!):
- Boosts your immune system, it has been seen to fight and prevent bacterial and viral infections.
- Improve your heart function by helping to prevent plaque buildup in arteries and the narrowing of vessel walls (um wow).
- Boosts energy, especially those with chronic fatigue (yes please… we want all the energy!).
- Acts as an anti-inflammatory (the root of most disease!).
- Improved seasonal allergy symptoms, like runny noses and itchy eyes.
- Helps fight free radical damage and prevents oxidative stress (the main cause of disease and aging).
- The positive impact on the immune system, and improvement on brain function when taking Astragalus means it has a positive impact on lifespan!
- Aids in wound healing and scarring.
- Clears the lungs of mucus build up and inflammation (it has been used in cases of Chronic Asthma with positive affects!).
So you see… we now want to add Astragalus Root to everything!
If you make these delish as easy keto cookies with chocolate frosting let us know! Share a pic with us on social media, we LOVE seeing your recipes.
Emma + Carla
Easy keto jam drops cookies
STUFF YOU NEED
FOR THE COOKIES
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbs xylitol or erythritol
- 1 1/2 tbs coconut flour
- 100 g (4.4 oz) butter melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
FOR THE JAM
- 1 cup mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbs. chia seeds
- 1 tbs. lemon juice or water
- To make the jam, add the ingredients to your blender and whiz. Place in jar or bowl, cover and place into fridge for at least an hour (we vote do it the day before).
- Ok, let's get to the cookies, preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl combine the almond meal, desiccated coconut, coconut flour and xylitol.
- Add the melted butter and vanilla and mix well (test the batter, you know you wanna).
- Add the egg, stir again.
- Measure out tablespoons of cookie mixture then roll into balls, place onto prepared tray, press down slightly, and press your thumb or the back of a spoon in them to make a little hole for the jam.
- Spoon teaspoons of jam into the little holes.
- Place into the oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until the cookies are golden.
- Allow to cool (if you can!) and then go eat them.
This is a sponsored post. We only work with brands we love, trust and most of all ones that we actually use! We love the products and the people behind Teelixir.