Winter = three months of cold, dreary and totally uninviting weather. It also means we get to enjoy delish meals like these easy paleo lamb chops! But really winter is the perfect time to hibernate, stay in doors and keep warm (we mean by a fire or a heater…with lots of blankets…+ lots of pillows). We remember winters like this.
The excuses would start:
but it’s cold…it’s too dark…looks like rain – don’t you think?
The comfort food would be placed on the dinner table (+ inhaled: seconds…thirds…fourths anyone?) Slowly but surely those extra few kilos would creep on (yes, the one’s we so proudly lost for summer.) Does this sound familiar to anyone? It’s so easy to hit this winter wall (especially in Canberra.)
Merrymaker (winter) mission: eat well, move more and remember: summer bodies are made in the winter!
Here’s a winter warmer Easy Paleo Lamb Chops recipe that’s quick, easy + packed full of protein!
e + c
- 1 kilos french cut lamb chops
- 1 brown onions chopped roughly
- sweet potato
- sliced mushrooms
- 3 tbs. dried mixed herbs (oregano, thyme, rosemary)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- In a large baking dish place all of the vegetables.
- Place the lamb chops on top of the vegetables and sprinkle with mixed herbs.
- Mix around a little and season with salt n pepper.
- Place into the oven for an hour and fifteen minutes.
- Check on the lamb at 30 minutes and turn over the chops.
- You will know it's cooked when the lamb has browned and the vegetables are soft.