This post is in collaboration with Celebrate Health! Amazing Aussies with a huge range of healthy products, we love them, they love us, love is good. This month… it’s all about their super amazing Superfood Flaxmeal! Not only have we created the BEST healthy cookie recipe there ever was… we’ve got a special discount code just for you! #yay
We get questions ALL. THE. TIME about egg free healthy recipes. Usually we say oh you can use a flax/chia egg… but this time… we’ve actually used the flax egg! Yew! Carla is egg intolerant at the moment (perhaps forever?!) so maybe just maybe these cookies were baked selfishly. BUT they’re also amazingly delicious and even if you do eat eggs, you should give this easy egg free healthy cookie recipe a try!
If you want to grab the Flaxseed discount and run (it’s ok, we do that sometimes too!):
Click here to visit and use this discount code for 20% off: MERRYMAKERS20
The best thing about Celebrate Health Superfood Flaxseed mixes is that they’re not JUST ground flaxseed. Nope, no way. There are 2 amazing combinations that we’ve been playing around with this month.
Our favourite has to be: Flaxseed with Cocoa and Berries (cue drool!) because chocolate ALWAYS wins. The Flaxseed with Almonds, Brazil Nuts, Walnuts and CoQ10 (amazing, right?!) comes a close second. Hehe.
Superfood mixes like these Flaxseed mixes are the bomb diggity when it comes to hacking up your smoothie, making a quick morning porridge or bircher, sprinkling on salads and cauli-rice dishes! Yep, with a simple tablespoon of magical Flaxseed mix you can get your omega 3s and a bunch of fibre, protein, Vitamin B1, magnesium AND selenium. No wonder they call it super.
Here’s a quick rundown of the magical side effects you’ll have when you eat flaxseeds (we’ve been adding it to our smoothies, salads… and eating these cookies :D).
Benefits of Eating Flaxseeds / Flaxmeal
- Super high in fibre, so helps you clean out your digestion all while helping you absorb nutrients (due to the gel-ing that flax does… seriously, when you mix it with water, watch it gel!).
- The good fats and B vitamins help with dry skin and brittle hair. Get me some flax right now!
- Keeps you feeling full and satiated, good if you find you overeat sometimes.
- Helps protect your gut lining. This is a good thing.
- Balances hormones.
Ok that all sounds pretty freaking rad and huge big reasons to add a little flax into your diet!
But back to these cookies, because that’s why you’re here right? RIGHT!
We gotta say that we impressed ourselves with just how darn easy these are. You only need 2 bowls and an oven! No blending, no mix mastering, none of that! It’s a simple mix-in-a-bowl recipe… which are always the best recipes. Because really, who wants to slave away for hours on a sweet treat? NO ONE!
We want the cookies and we want them now!
We made these egg free chocolate chip cookies using the Celebrate Health Flaxseed with Cocoa and Berries, it gave the cookies a double chocolate factor and the berries added a little extra sweetness (why thank you cocoa and berries!).
Alright, it’s time to get your cookie on! If you wanna try the recipe using the Flaxseed mix you can get a super special Merrymaker Discount! Click here to visit and use this discount code for 20% off: MERRYMAKERS20
You’re welcome! Yay!
If you make the cookies… share a photo on social media, tag us and use #GetMerry so we don’t miss it! We always reshare our faves!
Emma + Carla
P.s Click here to visit and use this discount code for 20% off: MERRYMAKERS20
P.p.s here’s a fun video of us rolling a cookie. As you do!
Epic #eggfree double decker cookies made with @celebratehealth superfoods, flaxseed cocoa and berries mix! Also #dairyfree #grainfree and #sugarfree! Just lookin’ out for ya! Holey merry moley… these babies are SAHHHH GOOD! This brand new recipe coming to the blog soon! #getmerry #getinbelly #alreadyinbelly
- 1 ¼ cup blanched almond meal
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup or honey
- 5 tbs. water
- 4 tbs. Celebrate Health Superfood Flaxseed (we used the cocoa and berries mix)
- 3 tbs. peanut butter or any nut butter
- 3 tbs. coconut oil softened
- 1 tbs. coconut flour
- 1 tsp. 100% vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 50 g (2 oz.) sugar free chocolate chopped
- ½ cup peanut butter or any other nut butter
- ⅓ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbs. coconut milk (canned)
- 1 tbs. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. rice malt syrup or honey
- 1 tsp. 100% vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the Celebrate Health Superfood Flaxseed Mix and water together until smooth, allow to sit for 5 minutes. It will start to gel.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, add the sweetener, peanut butter, coconut oil, vanilla and salt. Mix well until smooth.
- Add the flaxseed gel and mix again until smooth.
- Now add the almond meal, coconut flour and salt, mix until a sticky dough forms.
- Finally add the chocolate chunks and mix again.
- Take large tablespoon fulls of mixture and roll, place onto the baking tray and flatten with your palm.
- Place into the oven for 10 minutes, then allow to cool.
- For the frosting, add everything to your blender or food processor and whiz until smooth. YUM!
- Place dollops of frosting and squish with another cookie to make double decker cookies! Yay!
- If you don't have Celebrate Health Flax, you can use regular flaxmeal or chia seeds 🙂