As we head into the cooler months it’s time to welcome back Mug Cakes (ok maybe they never left).
We love mug cakes for many reasons but really the main reason is that they are soooo quick to make.
You feel like cake? Cool, you can have cake in around 5 minutes. Voila.
The other reason is that you can kind of go crazy with the toppings and just make it look oh so drool worthy.
We recommend topping with dark chocolate, yoghurt, berries and peanut butter. Is there really any better combo? We think not.
Ok! Let’s get mug caking, if you do make this recipe, let us know, we’d love to see it on the socials! Tag us @themerrymakersisters
Emma + Carla
Easy Chocolate Mug Cake
STUFF YOU NEED
- 4 eggs
- 6 tbs. almond meal
- 4 tbs. butter or coconut oil
- 2 tbs. raw cacao powder
- 1 tbs. rice malt syrup or honey
- 1 tsp. 100% vanilla extract
TOPPINGS (option to go crazy like we did)
- dark chocolate
- peanut butter
- coconut or natural yoghurt
- In a blender mix all mug cake ingredients until smooth.
- Divide into 2 separate mugs or small ramekins and microwave for 40 seconds each.
- Top with all the deliciousness!