If you’re skipping the grains and gluten right now this crunchy delicious gluten-free chocolate quinoa cereal has your name all over it!
Make a big batch over the weekend have your weekday brekky sorted!
We have to say, breakfast was always the meal where we’d get stuck when we first stopped eating grains and gluten.
Also, please note we don’t really stick to any diet anymore. Now, we just eat healthy food. And part of healthy food is real proper cheesy pizza every now and then. But most days, it’s just real food, mostly grain-free and gluten free, no refined sugar.
It’s just a little more relaxed. Ahhh it feels much better.
And let us tell you what… broccoli makes us way more bloated than cheesy pizza. Haha.
If you make this healthy breakfast recipe, let us know! Share a pic with us on your Instagram stories.
Emma + Carla
Ps. here’s an ad for our Yoga and Pilates Online Studio. You might notice our website has hardly any other ads. And you might notice this is fairly uncommon in the world of recipe blogs. All those crazy video pop ups and ads ahhhh they are so annoying! We have ZERO of them!
But yes, look at our pretty add and click the link to read more about MerryBody.
Chocolate Quinoa Cereal
STUFF YOU NEED
FOR THE CEREAL
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup cashews chopped
- 1/2 cup macadamias chopped
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 tbs natural sweetener
- 1 tbs raw cacao powder
- 1 tbs coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp 100% vanilla extract
- 1 tsp instant coffee or shot of coffee (optional)
- coconut milk (carton)
- raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Rinse the quinoa under cold running water until water runs clear.
- Add the quinoa and 1 cup water to a saucepan, bring to the boil, cover and lower the heat to simmer for 15 minutes. The water will absorb.
- Once cooked, transfer into a mixing bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients to the quinoa and stir really well.
- Spoon the mix onto the lined tray and spread out evenly.
- Place into the oven for 15 minutes, stir and cook for a further 5 minutes or until your liking.
- Fill your bowl with some cereal, milk and top with raspberries.