This recipe is brought to you by our amazing recipe sponsor: Supabarn!
We’re gonna say that this might just be the BEST healthy sweet treat we’ve ever made in the history of Merrymaker history!
These Cinnamon Donuts have no refined sugar, no grains, no gluten, no dairy and they are so easy to make. Epic healthy and freaking YUM recipe! We have a feeling you’re gonna love it!
YAY for Gluten Free and Refined Sugar Free Cinnamon Donuts!
Can you tell we’re excited?! We’re especially excited about this recipe because we got bored one day while working at Mum and Dad’s in Canberra town and decided to test it out. No plan, no strategy and BOOM it worked! These kinda recipes are the most fun!
We know we say every recipe is easy to make and that’s coz it’s true and coz we’re all about less time in the kitchen. Less time in the kitchen = more time to <insert favourite thing to do> unless you absolutely love cooking, then we say make double the recipes (haha).
Also another thing about this recipe is if you don’t have a donut tray you can just use a muffin tray. They will still taste amazing, just like a cinnamon donut dressed as a muffin. You might just need to bake a little longer (maybe, we don’t actually know cuz we didn’t test this).
Another awesome thing about this recipe is that the actual donut recipe is super low fructose. So if you’re watching your natural sugar levels simply leave out the coconut sugar topping. The cinnamon is the best bit anyway! Oh and cinnamon is like some kinda super food so actually these healthy cinnamon donuts are like a super healthy sweet treat. #winning!
We really hope you love this recipe as much as us. Pretty sure we’re going to be whipping up these Gluten Free and Refined Sugar Free Cinnamon Donuts every week! Because easy and yum and fun! So… expect more donut recipes. Ok?
Emma + Carla
P.s love you guys! x
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or butter
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- ¼ cup coconut milk (canned)
- 2 tbs. rice malt syrup or honey
- 1 tsp. 100% vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbs. coconut sugar
- 1 tbs. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a 6 hole donut baking tray or use a silicon tray.
- In a food processor or blender whiz the coconut flour, almond meal, baking powder and salt.
- Add the eggs, coconut oil, milk and whiz again.
- Add the rice malt syrup and whiz super slowly (we mean slow, we don’t want the mixture to heat from the friction!).
- Fill each donut hole with the mix to about ¾ full.
- Place into the oven for 15 minutes. Check and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool (if you can wait) and then remove from tray.
- If the mixture rose above the donut hole making thingys simply cut out the holes with a knife. Sounds weird now but you'll get it after you've made them! Also... BONUS taste testers!
- Finally in a bowl mix the cinnamon and coconut sugar and dunk the donuts in to coat super well.
- As we mentioned above if you don't have a donut tray simply turn them into cinnamon donut muffins. Same same but different! Haha.